||Material and resources processing technologies focus on the physical and chemical process of inorganic and organic materials. For effective applications of these processing technologies, understanding the principles of transport phenomena is essential. In the fields of Resources Engineering, many applications are closely related to ceramic engineering, metallurgy engineering, chemical engineering environmental engineering. Therefore, the fundamental principles of momentum transfer, heat transfer and mass transfer can all be applied to these related fields. The purpose of this course is to provide the students with the basic knowledge of transport phenomena, and to enhance the basic skills of related industry sectors.
The contents of this course include:
1. introduction of engineering principles and unit operations
2. momentum transfer and total balance
3. principles and applications of momentum transfer
4. principles of steady state heat transfer
5. principles of non-steady state