||To introduce the basic principle of the finite element analysis and its application in solving various types of engineering problems.
1. Introduction to the basic concepts of the finite element analysis
2. Formulation of the finite models through the use of variational principles
3. Shape functions and isoparametric elements
4. One dimensional problems: rod, truss, beam, frame, etc.
5. Two dimensional problems: plane stress, plane strain and plate, etc.
6. Three dimensional problems: typical solids
7. Implementation of the FEM computation by computer
8. Finite element applications in dynamic problems
9. Survey of some finite-element software systems